Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dude.

So these weeks are kinda starting to get messed up. With closing on the house in just 9 days (and moving in 10), my world has been turned on its end. I'd like to say that there is nothing but excitement pending this move, but of course there is stress, too. I just hope it doesn't rain the day we move.

The past few weeks I haven't been teaching, but merely focusing on getting the house ready to move, and for a moving sale we're having on Friday. It's been quite boring around this house ever since my last student came through. But trying to have a student come in this messy, box-packed house would be a nightmare. So I've been packing. And watching movies. And spending far too much time on the computer. Although the websites are now completely updated. Look what a little time will do!

This past weekend we said farewell to our friend Melissa, who is on her way to Austria as I type. Melissa writes for the QC Times, and is in a sort-of journalist exchange program with a paper there. She will be gone for 7 weeks, and decided to throw herself a lovely soiree to say goodbye to us all this past Saturday. There was drinking and eating and chatting with friends new and old. We had a blast. And, as fate would have it, the majority of the partygoers realized we were all wearing black shirts and khaki pants/shorts. Take a look.


The Pensieve shot.


Now, only a few days left to wait. Can I make it??

1 comment:

AE said...

Moving is so stressful. Good luck!