Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A review

The season is over. Am thankful. All I can say about it was that I learned a hell of a lot. And what to do (and not to do) next summer.

So here's the thing. I don't want to talk about theatre, see theatre, think about theatre for about a month. Can you help me out with that? If you call me or send me an email or whatever, don't even mention it. Not to worry, I still love it, but quite honestly, I'm burnt out and don't even want to hear a word about it until after September 1. Capisce?

Now that's settled, I have really been enjoying the last week and a half. The past few days have been hotter n'hell in the QC, so Rob and I have been partaking in some lovely outdoor/indoor activities. Saturday we joined our friend John and his neighbors Ron and Mary on his 36 foot boat for a cruise on the Mississippi. It was a perfect day for boating, so we slathered up the sunblock, I got out my floppy summer hat and off we went.




\

After the cruise, we had a "romantic date" (that's my niece's term), then headed to my folks for S'mores by the fire pit. It was truly Summer.

Sunday we walked around the mall and I bought the final book in the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, then went out to Backwater Gamblers, the local waterski team for their weekly ski show. It was awesome!

And today, I had my final voice student until the second week of September. Now, I finally get to relax for a few weeks (other than packing, of course). This coming weekend is Rob's 15-year high school reunion. I am looking forward to meeting his friends from long ago. Should be a riot.


I leave you with some lovable shots of Maddy.


Say wha'?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at your closing. You will sign your name about 1,000 times. LOTS OF FUN, but exciting.

Re: the photo of you on the boat: BOOBIE!!!