Saturday, November 29, 2008

Week in Review


Yes, I baked these for Thanksgiving. Pumpkin, Pecan, and a Dark Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. All I'll say is that the pumpkin and pecan were not even touched.

We spent the holiday with Rob's family in Morrison this year, rather than go to Ridgecrest with my family again. Last years' festivities were more sad and depressing than joyful, and we both didn't really want to spend the holiday this way again. We had a very nice dinner with the Elflines. My only beef was that they didn't have cranberry in a can. You know, the kind with the ridges? That is my favorite.

On Friday, Rob and I indeed go shopping. However, it wasn't nearly as bad as we had thought it might be. We ended up at Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Target, and were pleasantly surprised at the lack of craziness. We did, however, splurge this year and buy ourselves a very nice Christmas tree. Since we have more than enough room for a tree this year, we decided we would be grown-ups and buy a nice one. It is, of course, artificial, but it looks just beautiful in our dining room. Rob picked the royal colors of gold and purple. You should see it at night. It's really breathtaking.



Since my last post, I've really had quite a nice week. After learning that I wasn't pregnant, and posting about it on both my blog and Facebook, I had a bit of an outpouring of comments and support from friends. One in particular mentioned I start reading books by spiritualist Eckhard Tolle, who has penned The Power of Now, Stillness Speaks, and A New Earth. Mr. Tolle talks much about living in the moment, and not allowing yourself to get caught up in the chatter of what comes next. It's been a real joy reading his books, and finding that I have the capability to turn off the mind when I need to. Because of this, I've had such a peaceful and lovely week. Yoga has also helped this. I practice every day now, and I am noticing how my body is changing. Rob and I had our last class with Jeani yesterday at DSY, but we did sign up for the next 6-week class that begins next Saturday. In addition, we get two weeks free unlimited classes with our first 6-week session. I'm planning on going at least twice this week.

In a random twist, I've recently received a message from an old college acquaintance on Facebook. I was presently surprised to find a message from her this past week, as it has been years since we've spoken. During my freshman year of college, we had become friends when I started getting more involved in the theatre program at Clarke. In the beginning of my sophomore year, I sort of went through an emotional breakdown of sorts. A crisis of conscience, if you will. At that time in my life, I wasn't really able to communicate (or really wanted to) what was happening in my life. When I decided that sticking to the music program was going to be my path, I think I alienated many people, including her. It was a strange time in my life, as I had also started dating a boy who ultimately turned out to be a gigantic mistake. As I grew into an adult and left Clarke, I did often wonder about her and where she landed. Turns out she is married and landed here in the QC with a brand-new baby. I am unsure what else she is doing these days, but she had mentioned to me that she is involved in Venus Envy with our mutual friend Melissa. It was really quite wonderful to receive her message, and I hope that we are able to continue in getting to know each other again.


Lastly, I picked up my recent B&W rolls from the Camera Corner this past week. Here is some photos from the Fall.


The goat at Niabi Zoo



Our nephew Enzo



Aiden, son of our friend Dawn.



Oliver and one of his moms, Abbey


Rob and the lorikeets



Oliver on the run



Norallene and Zoe the dog



Our niece Isabella and her daddy.

No comments: