Friday, November 14, 2008

Week(s) in Review

Christ I'm a slacker. No, for real. And it's not like I have an excuse for not writing. I have none. All the time I could be sitting here at the computer, I'm doing other things. Like watching hours upon hours of The Office. I hate to say that, while I've always sort of liked the show, I never really watched it religiously like most fans. I bought Season One for myself for my birthday last month. Then, I came into a little early Christmas money and bought Season Two just last week. And now, I can't seem to get enough. And by that, I mean I can't get enough of John Krasinski. I'm probably a couple years behind the time of falling madly in love with him like most Office fans, but who cares. I didn't get into Supernatural until just before Season Three as well. I didn't start watching both Alias and Lost until the tail end of Season One. Ah. Who cares, right? The point is I'm a fan now. And Netflix has Season Three available in Instant Watch. Which I will probably do for the majority of the day today because Rob is in Morrison preparing for his gig with the Clinton Symphony tomorrow. Jim Halpert, it's you and me today, baby.

This week, Rob had his Fall Break from Augie. What really sucked is that the majority of break, he spent it at work anyway, practicing for his gig. I won't lie. I was kind of upset. But what can you do? I wish my husband were able to take some time off and RELAX, which he desperately needs.

In other news, I wasn't cast in the musical I auditioned for a few weeks back. Honestly, I was a bit upset. Just between you, me, and the entire blogging community. I think any strong singer would feel the same way, as this is Jason Robert Brown we are talking about, and not just anyone can sing his music. JRB's music requires not only nuiance, but stamina. My anonymous reader would probably take a moment here to bash me for being so full of myself, but honestly, I'm a trained musical theatre singer who knows her shit. And one of the girls (notice I say girl, not woman) that was cast, in my opinion, is WAY too young and doesn't have the MT chops to handle the role. This kind of stuff makes me miss Cincinnati desperately. In Nati, mediocrity is thrown to the wayside. Granted, there is more talent in Nati than here (not saying there isn't talent here, just more of it there!). But there isn't that political bullshit there like there is here. It's a bit ridiculous, really.
However, because I wasn't cast, Rob and I bought our tickets to Texas to see Dad, Cathy, Abby and Jake. It was probably a blessing in disguise, not getting cast, because now we get to spend a week with our family. And that is going to be great. In addition, we are heading to Chicago a day before we fly out of O'Hare to take in some museums, and hopefully see our friend Andrea, and possibly Keith.

We are also trying to plan a trip out to LA to see Ross and Christopher. They have lived there for years now, and we've yet to pay them a visit. Rob has never been to LA (it's been over 10 years since I've been), so it is definitely time to do so. If we're able to go, we hope to get down to San Diego for a day or two. I was lucky enough to spend some time there in college on Choir Tour, and it was a beautiful, lovely place. In addition, I may even get to see old friend Celeste, and finally get to meet my blogger friend, Anne Elisabeth. We shall see!

No comments: