Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspired

You will never know.
Not how many countless nights I waited for your call.
How many pages and pens wrote for you.
How I spent years wondering what would've happened had we had just one chance.
I dreamt of you.
Feel the blush on my skin when you are near.
Feel as young as I was.
Wonder what life would be like had you never invaded my youth.
Years spent pining for the boy who could never see truth.
_______________________________________________


I want to know you.
Feel the drunk power of your beauty.
Taste the wine on your lips.
And feel the soft silence of our union.
Birth the passion we once knew.
The silence holds you, deep in the light, close.
Alone.
So much pain, you hold close to you.
Yet it's not who you are.
In the heat, I feel your glow.
Understand your presence and know
exactly how long you've wanted to show
the nature of your true self.
Deeply wanting and knowing me.
_______________________________________


Back to Earth,
I must come.
Because thinking of you,
my feet lose the ground,
and I am in a place no one can touch.
A place where I am at one,
at peace, tranquil and so right.
Luminate the world, you do, with one smile,
or sound, or touch of your hand and I
am lost within your walls.
I escape, break free of a world
where boundaries exist, and you
are always there. With those eyes.
Dressed in black, just as I remember you.
But soon, the darkness recedes.
My feet touch the ground.
You are gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sorting through some very old emails, saw the link for your blog, and started reading. It sounds like you and Rob have had quite an adventure since you left Cincinnati! I wish you both luck with the baby situation - I know that can be very frustrating, and I hope things work out for you. I have found being a mother to be the greatest joy of my life. And my "baby" is leaving for college next year! It goes fast. Good luck. I'll check in again soon, and hopefully by then there will be some positive news on that front....

Becky in Fort Thomas (remember the Academy?)