Thursday, August 24, 2006

Better days

Well, after Tuesdays post, I had a barrage of emails to read from numerous friends (you know who you are). I love you guys, I really do. But please, do not worry. I'm feeling way better than I was that day. Call it a combination of cabin fever and PMS. Once I wrote all that stuff out and typed it in, I felt better. It got the creative juices flowing, which was all I really needed. As much as I love you guys, please understand that I'm not looking at this move as a regret, or looking back and hoping I was still in Cincinnati. I know I was stuck there. I was in a rut. Remember what I said about asking the cosmos for a little nudge? Well she answered me, and I'm not sad about what she dealt out. But Jason is right- this is a huge adjustment. I never expected it would be easy. It just didn't hit me until we were here that all my friends are there and I am here. That's the only hard part. I talked to B last night, and he helped me to realize that. It isn't that I don't like it here. The North Coast is one of, if not the most, beautiful places I have ever experienced in my life. I just don't have a Chuck, or a Charlie, or a B to call when I need to chat. It's all small talk for now, which I guess I'll live with until I can make some friends I really connect with. It took me a good two years in Cincinnati to do that (but that was my own fault for not doing any theatre for the first two years we lived there). Anyway, I just needed to vent. Plus, it helped that the past few days have been filled with stuff to do! So I wasn't sitting around pondering why I never went after Eric Heaton... although part of me will always wonder because that boy was HOT!!

Wednesday was good as Rob was home by noon. Being married to professor is pretty cool now, as he is done at 11 on Wednesdays and doesn't work Fridays! We went down to this little deli in Old Town with the best sandwiches we had had in a long time. We then headed to the Sheriff's station, as I needed to get my fingerprints done for my new job. We headed to Patricks Candy Shop just down the block afterward for some chocolate-dipped strawberries! YUM.

Next, we headed to the Sequoia Park Zoo- yep, the same one I visited back in July. Bill the Chimp was still MIA, so we headed to the park next door and marveled at the redwoods. Came home and had french onion soup, which did a number to my belly. I sat on the couch the rest of the night, clutched over in pain, not sure if I was going to shit or puke. Luckily, I did neither. Just laid in bed on my left side, hoping for some relief. I ended up falling asleep just like that.

Awoke this morning, still a little oogy, but went to training for my new job! The weather this morning was overcast and foggy until about 2pm, and the high at 9am was a chilly 45 degrees. Yes people, gotta love the North Coast in August. Anyway, the gals at my new job are super fun and fabulous. Very team-oriented and fun. I can't wait until Monday when I get to meet the kids. Tomorrow we set up the room and get our activities planned. I'm very excited. Sure the money isn't fabulous, but I think I would so much rather do this than work a desk job I'm going to loathe. For me, it's more about quality of life. And this will make me feel rewarded... like I'm contributing to the greater good. And that's a great feeling.

This afternoon, the sun came out, so Maddy and I headed over to Sequoia Park and took some photos of the trees and great beauty. It was a great day, despite my intestinal disgusting-ness.

The fun news is this- I made up some fliers with those tabs on the bottom, with my name, email and phone number, to advertise for voice lessons. Rob put them up all over HSU, and informed me most of them are empty of tabs! I'm so excited, as I've gotten a few emails in just two days. I'm really hoping this works out, as you all know, teaching is just one of my many passions I'm happy to continue here in California. Wow. Isn't that weird? Just to hear (or type) "I am a California resident". It's really kinda cool.

No comments: