Friday, August 04, 2006

Farewell, my loves....

Last night was the Bon Voyage party at Mary's (come on, it'll never be Universal Grille to me- twill always be Mary's in my heart). Almost everyone I love was there to say goodbye and have a fabulous time.

The lovely Will Corson (Karaoke DJ to the stars) was there, spinning his tunes. I blew some smoke up his ass and brought him merlot all night long- in return, three songs I performed to an audience who knows me as The Queen of Queens. My first? Heartbreaker. Second, Promises in the Dark (I love me my Pat Benetar). And the third dedicated to my baby, Rob. Our song, At Last by Etta James. I brought down the house and was given a rose by a lovely stranger. Then got to sing with my pals to Seasons of Love from Rent. I brought out my inner black girl for that one.
Rob and I ended the evening at the Waffle House- our last foray in southern dining.

I wish I had more time to write, my friends. But as you know, the truck is being packed up today and time is at a premium.

I love you all. So much. I won't be able to post much for the next week, but keep coming back to see the news.

Collins, signing off.....

P.S. Enjoy the fun pics from last night!



1 comment:

nitenursekevin said...

OMG the dude in the glasses, he is my future ex-husband!