Sunday, August 26, 2007

Week in Review



I do apologize, dear readers, for the lack of posts this week. I'm usually pretty good, but have been quite busy since our return from Cincinnati. It's been a productive, determined week on my part, and a good one at that.

I spent the majority of the week cramming for my four Kindermusik classes that I teach on Wednesdays. Much to my surprise, I was quite prepared, and felt that I did a stellar job with the material. Given it was my first class, I felt that I totally kicked it, and am hoping the parents and children learn to love me.

Monday morning, with the commencement of schools in the area, I started putting in my phone calls to choir and music teachers - 20 in all, which is quite a lot. I was able to connect and meet just a handful of them, and was able to get out to the schools and hand them my studio information. The others, with the busy week ahead of them, weren't able to contact me, so I spent the entirety of Friday morning driving to 10 schools before the hour of 11am, dropping off my information packets to the Main Office. Within a two-hour span, I had already received two phone calls from prospective students... we'll see!

Last night, Rob and I headed out to Geneseo to the Richmond Hill Players. One of our old friends Jessica (her dad is Matt Nicol, our dear friend in Cheyenne, Wyoming) was in the Tom Stoppard play Arcadia and we were thrilled to be able to see her again after 4 years! Jess invited us to the cast party following, where we were able to meet her boyfriend as well as the entire cast and crew of the show. We had a supreme blast meeting and chatting with everyone - so much in fact, we didn't get home until 3am. We drank Boone's Farm, ate junk food, and talked late into the night. I felt 18 again. One of the highlights, of course, was networking with all the theatre crowd, who seemed interested in both my website as well as plans for my blossoming company. They were a super crowd, and we do hope to see them all again soon!

Rob starts Orientation at Augie this week, with many dinners and parties we will be attending. I think he is a might nervous, but he's also excited. For me, now, I will wait to see what blossoms for the studio and continue to advertise. My ad in the Reader (local weekly newspaper) goes up this week, which I hope will boost the name and get me some students!

No comments: