Sunday, August 05, 2007

Week in Review

Well, it's official. My new project has been launched. It's weird, waiting and planning for something to happen and when it finally does, I still feel like there is a million things to do. Anyway, click here to see my new baby. Hope you like it!

So, Rob has been telling me, for months and months now, to keep my eyes open and things will start happening for me. California seemed to suck the life out of both of us, and in turn, sucked any creative energy either one of us seemed to have. Now that we are home, and I'm starting all these projects (the theatreweb, my voice studio, the eventual theatre company), it does seem that things are looking up. Just this week, Rob and I went down to this coffee shop Dead Poets Espresso, in downtown Moline. When we walked in, I said "this is our cabaret space". Hardwoods, exposed brick, clean, great product, and a stage in the front of the shop. Who could ask for anything better? Well, as fate would have it, the owners of the shop, Bonnie and Jim, are parents of a guy I went to high school with... someone I hung out with (for my Moline friends reading this, it was Travis Wells' parents!). So weird. Anyway, after chatting with Bonnie for an hour, she is starting voice lessons tomorrow afternoon, and has agreed to let us do our cabarets in her coffeeshop. Yay!



Last night, Rob and I went over to Princeton, Illinois to see my old pal Keith in a summer stock production called Absolutely Anything, an original musical. I would have rather watched Absolutely Anything else than this awful piece of trash. But Keith, as always, was wonderful, and made lemonade out of this lemon of a show. Before the show, we took Keith to Ladd, IL, just 20 minutes away, for Rips Fried Chicken. People will stand in line for hours just to have a little piece of heav'n at Rips. Greasy, crispy yummyness.


(Keith with his leftovers)

I've been working my little buns off for my performance of The Last Five Years, which is in just 12 days. I can't wait to see all my pals and to sing with my dear friend Michael. Should be a grand week!

No comments: