Monday, July 24, 2006

Happy happy, Matt, and other details

Last night was fabulous. It was Matt's 35th birthday, and he threw himself a lovely pool party/shindig in his backyard. It was a beautiful night for good friends, drinking beer, and watching Matt jump from the ladder of his pool onto blow-up Shamu. Quite a sight. Chuck even took part.


The highlight of the evening was seeing my pal Jason, all the way in from Phoenix. He's looking quite slim and trim since his foray into the world of the South Beach Diet. We cooked out, ate way too much, and drank lots of beer. It was me, my straight husband, and a backyard full of gay men. My kind of party.


Rob decided to take this one of my belly (gotta love the pilates). I had to throw it in here.


Jason and I. He is so cute!!


Today was my last day at The Children's Place. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm glad my days in the world of retail are over. As little responsibility as it was, it wasn't exactly a job I felt fulfilled doing. I didn't feel as if I was contributing to the greater good. Straightening and folding shirts all day doesn't exactly make you feel as if you're part of the solution. Being a teacher? Yah, that does.

For those of you I missed, my Bon Voyage party is Thursday, August 3 at Universal Grille (Hamburger Mary's) beginning at 9pm. Hope you can make it down to party, karaoke and drink with us hardcore's!

3 comments:

Jason said...

It was so cool to see you again! I wish we had more time to visit though ;)
It was nice to meet your husband too.

I'm excited for you and your new ventures! Miss you already Al!

nitenursekevin said...

Matts a homo right

ACE said...

Kev-
ALL my friends are homo's. Except B.