Saturday, July 22, 2006

Weekly Update

I'm finally beginning to feel some semblance of reality, once again. I feel almost normal. Sort of. I'll often times wake in the middle of the night and feel that something is off. Something is different. What is it? Then I remember. I'm moving cross-country in two weeks. Oh yeah, that's it.

The packing is coming along. It's nice to go through stuff and say "Why the hell did I save this?" and subsequently throw it in the trash bin. And boy do we have a lot of crap. We got our van secured, all the apartment here and there is taken care of. I still feel awful.

Leaving everyone is going to be so ridiculously hard. I know I'll be coming back to the Nati to visit as often as I can. It's just the fact that I can't get in my car and drive over to Mary's or meet Charlie at China Kitchen on a Wednesday night. It blows.

The Skinny- I unfortunately have been quite lax in my duties of staying slim and trim since we found out we were moving. The stress takes hold of you, and you begin to eat poorly, forget to do pilates, etc.. Of course I was extremely pre-menstrual and the size of a house throughout the past few weeks. But once I returned from the coast, it was back on the pilates and eating right. I'm happy to say that, after a brief stint in the size 12's, I'm back in the size 10's again. Five days in a row of pilates and not eating out will do wonders for your gut.

Entertainment- Had a lovely dinner with Charlie on Wednesday at the China Kitchen, followed by a nice talk/walk while eating Graeters to end the evening. Made me realize just how many friends I have here, which saddened me. Thursday night I went to see As Bees in honey drown with Ovation Theatre Company. Two of my dear friends, B and Mark are performing in it. I loved it, fabulous, wonderful, what have you. If you're in town, go see it because it's superb. Spent an hour talking to B after in the sweltering parking garage, but it was worth it to just chat with him. Friday night, Rob and I went to see Monster House, this little confection of an animated film featuring the voice talents of Maggie Gyllenhall, Jason Lee, Kathleen Turner, Steve Buscemi, Kevin James and three amazingly talented youngsters in the roles of the three kids. It wasn't your big summer blockbuster like Cars or Pirates (which I was disappointed in), but it was subtle. And entertaining. And quite sweet. Go see it if you have the chance.

Other stuff- Tomorrow is Matt's pool party, where I'll get to see my boy Jason!!! I'm so excited. Plus any chance to show off my pilates-beaten-into-shape gut is fun for any girl.

No comments: