Saturday, July 29, 2006

Weekly Update

The Bittersweet...

It's almost time for me to say my goodbyes. I don't want to do this. There are a select few (you know who you are) that this is going to be nearly unbearable. But, as Kev has always said, That which does not kill us.....

Health- Pilates is the best thing ever. I can't begin to tell you all the wonderful things it does for my body. As soon as I get up in the morning, I begin, and I feel so great the rest of the day. Of course, I'm a bit stressed over the upcoming move, but whatever.


Stuff- I bailed out a friend of mine this week, the composer/pianst Evan Mack. He wrote these amazing pieces to Langston Hughes' Dream of Freedom. Evan's soprano bailed on him the day before a big performance at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center downtown. So, being the fabulous friend and amazing musician that I am, I said I'd do it when he called in a mindfuck on Wednesday. The performance went well on Thursday to a well-received crowd. Evan conducts the choir from St. Anthony's church in Madisonville, which sang behind me, and the large black soloist, Glen. You have never seen so many straight-laced white people get funky as soon as the music began. It was a real treat.

Final meal- Rob and I are getting in all our favorites this week. I.E., Brownie sundae at Aglemesis Bros. in Oakley, Pad Sea Ewe at Ruthai's in Mt. Lookout, Graeters, Mexican food at Rio Grande and italian at Pompilio's in Newport. It saddens me to know I won't be able to get Eggplant Parmesan like I can there. Be sure to eat there for me, guys, and tell me how wonderful it is.

We leave next Saturday for a three day stay in Illinois. My folks are throwing a big bash the night we get in. Barbeque, beer, and lots of friends. It should be a blast. Then departing Tuesday the 8th for the coast. I'm not looking forward to that car trip. I'm gonna be hating life, as Les says. So true, my friends. So true.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Enjoy your last week living in Cincy. I'm sure it won't be the same without you- but that's what visiting is for ;)

Good luck with your move Al. I wish you and your hubby the best!