Sunday, September 07, 2008

In the material world

I think there is a ghost in my house.

Now, that being said, it could be something I'm totally projecting and it isn't for real in the slightest. It could just be paranoia. But I'm curious.

In my new house, you can get to the bathroom by either A) going through the guest room, or B) going through the kitchen, to the office, and then to the bathroom. We always keep both bathroom doors shut, as Ms. Maddy loves to go into the bathroom and eat copious amounts of toilet paper.

Last night we went out for our anniversary dinner, and upon returning, we couldn't find Maddy (this is not the first time this has happened). Of course, we have a much bigger house now, plus a second story, so I ran around looking for her until I heard Rob yell "I found her, she's in the bathroom".

Okay. So I've seen Maddy nose her way in to the bathroom via both doors. But here is the weird thing. She was stuck in the bathroom for who knows how long... and both doors were shut tight. In addition, the door from the guest room into the dining room was also shut tight. Incidently, we had left that door wide open when we left.

So someone please explain to me how all three doors were shut up tight, when no one with opposable thumbs had been in the house for hours?

This same thing happened a few days ago, except Maddy was trapped in the guest room and not the bathroom.

Now here is the thing. I never get an oogy feeling in the house. It is a warm, gentle feeling being here. I think if there is some kind of spirit in this house, he/she is a playful one, and means us no harm. It's an old house, over 100 years, and I'm sure there may be someone who's passed on, some disembodied soul floating around.

There may also be some logical explanation. I am open to both.

2 comments:

AE said...

That is very eerie! I'm sure it's a playful spirit if that's the kind of feeling you're getting. Who knows what lingers in old houses?

I just moved as well (the main reason I haven't posted on my blog) and the new apartment has a corner in the kitchen with some kind of strange energy field, at least according to the previous tenant. She would pour her coffee there and always spill it. The cats have been *obsessed* with that corner, and I was really alarmed before looking in the back of a cabinet and discovering an open space into the walls of the house. All the kitties want to do is get into the walls and climb around. (They may not.) So it was nothing after all, or not really anything.

Life Changes are afoot here but everything is fine. Thanks for checking in! I'll be back to posting soon.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

Anthony should get in there. He could probably tell you right away who it is. He's always been spooky, but his perception has expanded exponentially lately.