Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week in Review

Am still unsure whether or not we have a ghost in the house. Maddy hasn't gotten stuck in the bathroom since that last instance, and doors have kept open. Who knows?

Rob and I survived our first (somewhat minor) homeowners crisis, as after 4 straight days of rain, the basement flooded with 6 inches of standing water. Lucky for us, both the water heater and furnace stand in the middle of the floor, where water was barely seeping. With old houses like this, it is common to have a wet basement. Especially for us living under the water table level, and owning a house nearly 100 years old. The water is just about gone after it's been sunny the past few days. We are hoping it stays relatively dry enough until we can get a dehumidifier (sp?) down there to help a little. Spring will probably suck.

This weekend we had a lovely housewarming. Probably close to 40 people came and went on Saturday night, including old college pal Kevin, who came from Rochester and stayed too short a time.

Now the house is finished (for now!), am I finding myself at a loss for what to do. Sure I have Kindermusik and students, but I'm finding I have much free time. We are in a position where we are financially doing quite well, so there is no need for me to take on much more. But frankly, I'm sort of...bored. What do people do with their free time?

Some pics from the weekend...

Kev and his vice



The night just kept getting longer...



The infamous Quince pouring



Rob and the bottle



Everyone has scary eyes, even the dog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your house...and your reading nook...and your fabulous closet that could hold oh so many pairs of shoes...

AE said...

I was just thinking about how it would be nice to have a bunch of extra free time to refinish my coffee table! Maybe you could refinish something... that would be very homeowneresque of you. Or you could renovate -- knock down a wall or do some really complicated tiling. Don't forget to order bulbs for your yard, too!