Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday morning, I'm wakin' up

Rob is still asleep, the dogs have been outside to poop and pee and had their breakfast, and I'm sitting at the computer with my coffee. Kinda wish I was still sleeping, but I'm realizing as I get older, 1. I don't need as much sleep anymore, 2. I have to pee a lot in the middle of the night, and 3. I'm now a morning person, thanks to the skylights in the master suite. I don't mind it. I feel like a million bucks these days, and I go to bed earlier because I'm up early in the mornings.

The good news is that I'm finally ready to talk/think/see theatre again. It took me, what, 2 months? That's a good amount of time, I think. I needed to focus on getting our household moved, and I was so burnt out after the summer that I needed a break. But now feels like a good time. I've had much time to think, and to get to the heart of the matter. I know I made mistakes in my first season. Who wouldn't? The beauty is taking those mistakes and rearranging them to positives and what I could do better next season. There were also many positives that will carry on to seasons in the future. And the beauty? We've got a helluva season planned for next year. Four shows instead of three, and I WILL not be directing AND producing all of them. One of the things I realized this year is that I am only one person, and I cannot and WILL NOT do both at the same time. I just about lost my mind. While I know it's hard work, I also want to enjoy it, and frankly, I didn't this year. So things are going to change, and I hope it shows.

Last night, D and I finally got together after not seeing each other for an entire month. We had such a nice time, drinking cosmo's and having a bite at the Blue Cat. It made me realize how much I missed her friendship and the ease of our conversation. We gossiped, we laughed, and talked about the season premiere of our boys on Supernatural, which was last Thursday! It was a lovely evening.

Have been spending much time with Abbey and Anya, our friends who live just a block over. They are such wonderful ladies who love to share their life experiences and love to hear about mine. It's great to have girlfriends I can just call up or walk down and have coffee with any time. I just love them.

My Dad and Cathy will be making their way up from Texas to the QC in just two weeks. I'm thrilled to see them again, as the last time was Christmas of '06 on our way from O'Hare to Eureka. My Dad just had hip replacement surgery, so hopefully he'll be able to make his way around without getting too tired during their visit. I can't wait to show them our new house!

No comments: