Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week in Review

It has been an absolute gorgeous autumn in the Quad Cities this year. Last year, we had so much rain the trees never turned. This year, the trees are just gorgeous. Or maybe it's because we live in Rock Island now that we notice all the colors. We feel very lucky to see all the Fall colors this year that we didn't get last year!

This past weekend was a busy one. Friday night, Rob and I hosted 3 couples (8 people total) in our first ever dinner party. We cooked an amazing meal that everyone loved, and had a blast with friends old and new. Around 11pm, I started to turn into a pumpkin and everyone finally left. We can't wait to host another so we can get these wonderful people back in our house! Christmas party, here we come.

Saturday, Rob and I started our Intro to Hatha I yoga class at Davenport School of Yoga. I tried going last Spring, but I didn't know much about the poses and always felt as if I was looking at everyone else rather than practicing the asanas. Now, it's me and Rob and only a few other folks in the class, with our amazing teacher Jeani, this little Austrailian woman who is probably the most gentle person I've ever met. We both left feeling amazing, and can't wait for class again this coming weekend. In addition to my gym workouts, I've been practicing yoga every day this week, and already I feel great!

On Saturday afternoon, we celebrated our grandparents 70th (yes, 70 years!!!) anniversary at Ridgecrest Village, where they live. We had a lovely party room and many folks came to celebrate. My sister and Lou came down with the two kids, and we finally got to meet our niece, Isabella.


Isabella



Enzo

The best part of the day was watching Uncle Rob and Enzo playing garbage truck for at least an hour. By the end, both boys were exhausted.



This week, both of Rob's siblings are in town. Ross from LA and Ann from Tasmania. We are looking forward to spending more time with them during their visits!

No comments: