Monday, March 26, 2007

Week in Review

Four months from today, we will be on the road, heading home. July 26 can't get here soon enough.


Poor puppy- Mrs. Pupperton is exiled to the E-collar due to some nasty hotspots on her belly. Hot spots are nasty, red, oozing sores that dogs with undercoats tend to often get when their dry skin flares up and the dog can't stop licking at it. We like to call this the "Astro-Pup" look.

Kindermusik has been going just great- only 12 more lessons to go! And get this... I emailed a lady who does KM in the QC and asked for her advice on how KM does in the QC... she wants me to come and teach with her at her space! Yahoo!! This was what was really freaking me out, trying to find a space to teach. She emailed me this morning and was quite excited to know I was coming into town. She wants to cut back on some of her hours due to her small children at home. What a great opportunity for the both of us! I don't have all the information just yet, but this is a great start!

Have also been doing much thinking about my theatre company, and have made great strides in what/how I want to get things done. The great news is that Ms. TracyEllen has expressed interest in helping out with the grant/fundraising side of things... maybe I could get her to be my Executive Producer...? (think of me rubbing my hands maniacally together, eyes wide and screeching Muhahahahah!!!!!)

It's been hard these past weeks, knowing that the move is so close. What has been the most difficult is trying to live my life here, and enjoy the things that are around me, all the while knowing that when we finally get to the QC, that is when my life can really start moving. Tom Petty was right, "The waiting is the hardest paert"- I love how he says "part". It's this f-ing limbo we are in here. I'm doing all I can so when we get home, things will be ready to get going... i.e., teaching Kindermusik, getting my home studio up and running, getting the theatre company off the ground. Planning is great, and it gets me to think outside the box... but it doesn't help being miserable HERE and NOW. Why isn't it June yet? At least in June, we get out of here for two weeks to see friends, go home, enjoy our time away from here.

Have the day off today- I just needed it. Spring Break is coming soon- that will be a much needed week of nothingness. Maybe I'll do some packing??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Maddy is too cute.
Sounds like everything is falling into place for you :)