Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Random notes of late

Yesterday, I went to South Bay to do the whole postmortem thing. I gave my "official" notice, said goodbye to the kids (which I got a little emotional during), grabbed my shit and got the hell outta dodge. Knowing that I never have to go back to that place gave me a feeling of release I had not felt in a long time. And why did I stay at a place for so long that made me so unhappy? The only pro about staying there was the extra income... and let me tell you even that wasn't much. I will miss the children, and that is that.

It's strange, because I don't consider myself to be a reckless human being. I usually follow the rules. It was the way I was brought up. I stick things out, no matter how awful they get. I figured that with only 4 more weeks left, I could hang in there. But, as I said last week, Rob was tired of coming home to a "zombie". So, it was time to be done. It feels decadent, a luxury. A nice thing I've done for myself that will, in turn, make me so much happier.

So at the end of a beautiful, sunny, 70-degree day, I started to feel yucky. Yes, I got Rob's sore throat. All I can say is FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, this is the 8th or 9th time I've been sick since October. I am so fucking sick of being sick. Rob thinks that since I left South Bay, my body relaxed, and now it's just overcome by illness. I don't know what it is, but if I never get another sore throat/cold/flu in my life I will be a happy fucking camper. I've been gargling, downing the Emergen-C and sucking on Cold-eeze in the attempt to rid my body of the really nasty symptoms. Hopefully I can hold them off.

In other news, last week I finished my coursework in the Kindermusik training, and today got the confirmation that I am officially a Licensed Kindermusik Educator. I've been in contact with the woman who I'll be teaching for in the QC, and I am quite excited to begin the fall semester on August 20.

Only 29 days until we reach the Nati.

No comments: