Monday, May 28, 2007

Week in Review

A few points before I begin....

58 days until we leave California.

6 days until we leave for vacation.

We are both sort of feeling as if we are biding time at this point. We get up, go to work, and have an extreme amount of free time when we return home. We are staying in a lot so that we don't spend any of our hard-earned vacation money on random shit. So, in all honesty, we are bored out of our minds. You know, there are only so many times you can walk around Target, or the mall, or go to the beach until you feel as if you could scream. There is nothing left to do here that we haven't already done, and it's taking it's toll. Monday cannot come soon enough, where we will spend two glorious days in Sonoma/San Francisco, then on our way to see all of our friends and family in the Midwest.

In other news, I finally spoke to my new pal Tracy last week over the telephone. We spent two terrific hours, being complete girls and chatting about the most fun of topics. I just think it's wonderful, how the two of us have become friends over a series of blog posts, e-mails, and now phone conversations. I feel like I've found a kindred spirit, and the best part? She lives in the QC. We'll be able to be friends in each others live presence!

I am still having a blast at Bath and Body Works. The people I work with are wonderful, the store is bright and wonderful, and I love and believe in the product. I know I will miss it when we go. I'll also miss the amazing associate discount!

My new obsession are books by a writer named Stephenie Meyer. She is a mother of three boys, and, on a whim, started writing a young adult novel 4 years ago after having a vivid dream of two teenagers, madly in love, sitting in a meadow. What transpired was the outstanding book Twilight, the story of Bella and Edward, the ill-fated lovers. One, a human. The other? A vampire. At first, I was a bit skeptical. I mean, vampires? Really? But, I figured, I am a whore for Harry Potter books, which is a made-up world of wizards and odd creatures. Why not vampires? Of course, I fell in love with it. I read the thing in about 3 days. I couldn't put it down, for I wanted so desperately to finish it and find out what happened to the beloved and well-written characters. An amazing point, was that my friend Phillip in Cincinnati informed me his girlfriend is friends with the author! What a neat little fact. I just picked up New Moon, the sequel to Twilight. I am trying my best not to read too much of it, as I will need a book to read on the plane back home. Trust me, it's quite difficult.

Well, not much else to report as of now. I am still working my ass off at the cardio and strength training. You saw that pic... yah. I look pretty good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Had a blast on the phone! Can't wait to meet you in person...