Monday, September 03, 2007

Day of Laboring

Let me please apologize out there to all the real opera singers for my rant the other day. In my haste to vent my frustrations on all the idiots out there, I probably pissed off a few actual legit singers, and that was not my intent. What I meant to say was that there are many folks out there, clueless about what it takes to be a professional singer, claiming to be "opera singers". It's these people you see on America's Got Talent and bullshit of the like, who've "never had a voice lesson" in their whole lives! WOW! Aren't you great! Again, severe apologies to my dear friends out there.

Speaking of dear friends who are legit, my dear old college pal Megan came to the QC for a much awaited visit on Saturday from dear ol' Dubuque. The last time we saw her was our wedding (which, by the way, will be 4 years on Thursday), and that was way too long to go without seeing friend. We dined at Blue Cat Brew Pub on some delicious nosh, then onto Whitey's Ice Cream for a sundae and a malt. After, we came back and finished off a bottle of Cab from our stint in CA. It was great to see her again, and we're planning our visit to see her in DBQ soon.


(Meg and I)


Mom and Bert came by last night for a BBQ, which was quite relaxing and nice. We drank on our newly decorated deck and talked late into the night. This morning, with much begging from my husband, I promised to do no work today. I have become a bit of a workaholic as of late, working from home and getting the studio up and running. It's been nightmarish. With my only free time spent watching my boys on Supernatural, Rob has been begging "Can I have my wife back?". So we headed out to the Dog Park this morning and gave Miss B a good run with a lot of pups. She had a blast, and so did we, watching her run again!


(Dolly the dog, who likes to rub herself in the dirt)



(My little guy)




(Nap after the DP)

No comments: