Monday, September 17, 2007

Week in Review


(My boys Jared and Jensen of Supernatural)
I wasn't sleeping much this week. But after I realized it's because I was watching scary shit right before bed, that changed a few things. Season 2 of Supernatural is now out on DVD, and I, the dutiful fan that I am, went right out and bought it. Since I didn't get into the show until this summer, I spent the majority of 8 days watching Season 1, and am now onto Season 2. Season 3 begins October 4, and you better bet that I will be ready. In November, there is a HUGE CW convention in Chicago, where fans of Smallville, Supernatural and other shows can meet the creators and stars of the show. Obsessed much? Yah. I'm trying to figure out how I can make it there without breaking the bank.

It's been a beautiful week here, with sunshine and cool temperatures. Although this week it is supposed to be in the 90's. WTF? Where is autumn? However, it was a beautiful day on Saturday, and we had been invited to head down to Brew HaHa with some of Rob's work colleagues. Beer tasting, all day long? How could we pass that up? Jemmie and Christine Robertson are also new faculty in the music department at Augie, and are some very fun folks. Jemmie teaches trombone, and Christine is also a singer! She and Jemmie just had 10-week old James, so Christine stays home most the time, and teaches part-time at Augie. She is quite versed in the world of musical theatre, and it was great to meet another young woman with similar experiences to mine. By the end of the day, she had volunteered to be a board member for RTC (my theatre company) and offered her administrative services. Yahoo!


(Christine, Jemmie and baby James)



(Jemmie and Rob)



(Jemmie and the little guy)


In other news, my dearie dear Chuck is in the hospital. Hopefully he will be back to normal soon, but is fighting a case of Guillain Barre syndrome, which he was fighting during their trip here a few weeks ago. Get well soon, baby!

No comments: