Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Printemps

This is something I missed during my years away from the Quad. Spring.

While I dislike Spring due to the horrible allergies I get (and am going through at present), it sure it beautiful. Sure, Spring happened in Cincinnati, but due to the climate being a bit warmer, or the different river valley or something, Spring always happened so FAST there. It was buds on the trees, then Summer. Here, Spring happens over a period of a few weeks, emerging ever so slowly. It's just gorgeous. Last year, we didn't get a Spring being in California. Everything was moldy or wet or rainy or green. There weren't any colors. Depressing.

It's gorgeous today, and supposed to get up to 81 degrees. Yikes. Now if I can just find a pair of shorts that fit...

Which brings me to the workouts.

I have to admit, I put on a nice layer of winter fat this year. Ah well. Rob and I were so busy, we neglected to take care of ourselves, which meant eating poorly and not getting enough exercise. However, the past few weeks I've really been at it- pilates in the morning, then the cardio at the gym. Plus eating healthy. I can start to see the prize at the finish line. Size 8's again. Dammit Whitey's!
We also went to Bike and Hike this weekend and spent a hefty amount for a new bike for Rob. He's in love. He's commuting to work now, which will hopefully help him take off his winter weight, too. Once summer hits, I'll be taking a pilates class at the Y, along with finally being able to work out EVERY day, not just 4 days a week. Rob plans to ride his bike to work every day (yes, he'll still be going in to Augie during the summer, but only a few hours a day), then home for a run. He said when he lived in Houston, he rode his bike to school/work every day, then came home for a six mile run. I've seen the pictures. The boy was SKINNY. Am looking forward to that.

No comments: