Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week in Review

Well, it was an interesting week, to say the very least. Lots of articles came out in various papers (with lots of various rumblings along the way), but all in all, some good publicity!

Elegies opens in just 5 days. Holy. F*#king. Shit. I can't believe it's so close. We are primed and ready. I think. We are in that "we open next week, and are we pulled together enough to do it?" phase. We have two dress runs, then the press preview. Yikes! We are excited. I am nervous as can be. But I took the week off to focus on last minute details (plus a few spa treatments thrown in- I need an eyebrow wax desperately). Hope you all can come out to see it!

This weekend was the performance of my one-act play entitled The Third Date. It was such a blast, and Jess and Jake nailed both performances. Both are such talented, natural actors with great comedic timing that they pulled it off without a hitch. I was so lucky to have them for my baby's first run! Plus, the crowds really responded to the short play about a young couple in the beginning stages of fluttery romance. I got a lot of "Ally, that was so awesome! Have you written anything else?", which was nice to hear. Once the summer season is over, I plan on doing some more writing, and submitting this one to Playscripts, Dramatists, and Sam. French to see if they'll publish. Who knows!! Afterward, we spent some time hanging out and celebrating at the Blue Cat.


Jess, me and Jake

This weekend is also opening for Prenzie's Life's a Dream, which we are looking very forward to seeing next weekend (when we can squeeze it in!!). The Prenzie's showed up at B. Cat after their own show, and we proceeded to drink and be merry.

D, Dana and Jackie


I am looking forward to a week of last minute details and spa treatments before we open. Wish us broken legs. Please.

No comments: