Monday, May 26, 2008

Day at the Zoo

This morning, Rob and I had the pleasure of spending some time with Jake, Jeremy and girl Erin (or, Gerin, if you will) at Niabi Zoo. What was supposed to be a yucky day of rain turned out to be the perfect day to hit the zoo with some pals, and it was a blast.

It had been a few years since Rob and I had been, and Niabi had done some radical changes and renovations. It's really looking quite nice these days, with many new exhibitions to see and take part in. The coolest was the Austrialian Walkabout, where you walked freely with both Emu and Wallaby, then onto Lorikeet Landing. After paying a dollar, you can come into the enclosure with many of the Austrialian Lorikeet birds, offering yummy nectar for them to come and enjoy. When I first walked in, four birds landed on my arm at once! It was pretty cool.

We saw lions, tigers, and bears (oh my! come on, I had to) as well as giraffe, monkeys, reptiles, elephants, elk, bald eagles. You name it, we saw it today. Here are some fun shots I took. Enjoy!


Can't remember what this monkey is called, but it had a cute baby with it.



The Beastmaster with his lorikeet. You gonna eat that poor bird, Jake??



Jake, Jeremy, Rob, and my arm, all with the Austrialian Lorikeets



Jake made up a cute song about this guy. Ask him to sing it for you.



Three of the four giraffe at Niabi



Cool shot of the token Niabi lion

No comments: