Monday, June 02, 2008

Week in Review

What a wonderfully busy and lovely week we've had. The weather has been perfect, which allowed Rob and I to put in the vegetable garden, and for me to plant flowers in the front flowerbeds.

After Elegies closed, I am now deep in the trenches of Kimberly Akimbo, which opens in just 2 1/2 weeks. It is definitely a whirl-wind summer of theatre, but I'm really enjoying it all. I do hope my cast is as well!

Last week, we helped celebrate Gerin's (girl Erin) graduation from Bradley with a night at Ribco for karaoke. We had such a ball, and I finally got to see my husband get up on stage to sing one himself. He and Aaron did a lovely rendition of Talking Heads Once in a Lifetime.


Erin serenaded us with some crazy thrash metal tune.


I did a little Pat Benetar (I mean, what else, really) and some Bonnie Raitt before doing a little harmony with Jake on Africa by Toto. We all had a blast.



Friday night we partied at Andy's to say farewell to the traveling Daniel, and throughly exhausted ourselves for the rest of the weekend. August's vacation to Michigan is looking brighter and brighter.
Saturday Rob and I made our first summer trip to Davenport's Farmers Market for our weekly produce and beef. Am looking forward to the next weeks when the vendors will be a bit more plentiful.

Tonight, Rob and I went out to see our first movie in about six months (the last, I think, was Enchanted back on Thanksgiving- yikes) to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Can I just gush a little while about how great this movie is? Karen Allen is just beautiful and perfect, reprising her role as Marion Ravenwood. Harrison Ford is punchy and still amazing, doing most of his own stunts. And Shia LaBeouf (hello?! When did he get HOT?) is always spot-on, but what a different role for him. He was perfect. They all were, really. And it was exactly how I expected it to be - full of crazy adventure, sci-fi, mystery and good ol' fun. I will definitely see it again. After I see Sex and the City.

No comments: