Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week(s) in Review

I'm a fuckwit. Really. No, go ahead and call me that. I can't believe it's been 10 days since my last post. But to be honest, I haven't had the time to do anything, much less sit for an hour (or less) and blog. I miss it, too. Blogging is such a release for me, and I enjoy doing it. But once I tell you of our last ten days, you may begin to understand how I haven't been able to.

Opening weekend of Kimberly went good. Small crowds, but I was sort of expecting that. A theatre company no one has heard of, a play no one has heard of, and, well, it's a PLAY. If we had done a musical, it woulda sold like hotcakes, just as Elegies did. Oh well, this second weekend has been way better, and with tonight closing, I'm sure we'll have a nice big crowd. Last Sunday we had a cast/crew party at our house, and it was a blast. Here's a few from the event.


The gang



The latest craze, Vodsicles!



Scott and D



The infamous Cranapple-tini. Delish!



I love this photo of Bryan and I.


In the meantime, we've started rehearsals for Bees. What a great cast and fun show. It's such a different feel than Kimberly, both material and people involved. I am excited we've already gotten going.

Tuesday, Rob and I met with our realtor Kim, and she showed us 5 houses. The first one she showed we absolutely LOVED and decided to make an offer Wednesday morning. I'll spare you all the details of waiting, but Friday at 2 we found out the house is ours!! It's this gorgeous Victorian beaut in the Broadway Historic District in Rock Island. It's move-in ready (we'll paint a room or two), and we should close before or by August 29. It's all happened so fast, but we are overjoyed with the outcome. The best part about living there is the close proximity to all our friends, including Abbey and Anya, the adorable lesbian couple we've fallen in love with, and their little boy Oliver. We will live only 2 blocks from them!! We had lunch at La Flama with them on Thursday, and played in the fountain in downtown Moline just after.


Oliver and Mama Anya



Oliver and Rob



Oliver and Rob...again


In closing, I am ready for September 1. The house will close, the season will be done, and I can get back to taking care of myself. Because seriously? I'm not. And it's taking it's toll. I haven't been to the gym as much as I'd like. I'm not eating right. I'm not getting enough sleep. Frankly, I look like shit. More importantly, I feel like shit. Next year, I'm not directing/producing every show. It's much harder than I thought it would be, and I really wanted to take care of myself this summer. To get a little more fit and feeling good to make that baby. Don't think it's gonna happen this summer. There is always the fall...

No comments: