Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week in Review

I used to be so much better at writing. That was, of course, when I had the time to do so. I hope to be at it much more come August when the season has settled down.

This past week has been quite eventful. We are now in Hell Week for Kimberly Akimbo, which opens on Friday. It's going to be a long week, but a good one.

The first big, important news is that my sister and brother-in-law welcomed their new baby, a girl named Isabella Rose. I'm sure Enzo wanted a boy, but we are all thrilled to have a little girl in the family.

Isabella Rose Giovannucci


Since Rob and I can't say we have any babies on the way yet, here are a few pics of our loves, Maddy and Ike.





Thursday, Rob and I headed to the Nati for some fun and exhaustion. Mid-way during the trip, I noticed how itchy my left arm had become, and realized my exhaustion and lack of care of myself had led to shingles... again. I didn't let it hamper my mood, though, as we had a night of mayhem ahead of us.

We met my old student Jess and her mom at Pompilio's for amazing Italian food.


Afterward, we drove around our favorite city and stopped at Graeters for some ice cream.



After Graeters, we headed up to Devou Park, where you can see the Cincinnati Skyline. It was a beautiful night.



From the foot of the Roebling Suspension Bridge


At 9, we met some pals at Below Zero for lots of drinks and revelry. Here the lovely and talented Lori Valentine and I.



A Side Show reunion, from L to R, Michael P, Alan, Me, Kera and Michael Shawn.



The next morning was the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony, the whole reason we went to the Nati. It was a long few hours (we left in the middle of it) to see Rob get hooded. Here his is.



Dr. Rob



We celebrated at our favorite little downtown sushi eatery, Ko Sho, then over to Rookwood Pavilion for some great shopping. We hit the mecca of all shoestores, and our favorite kitchen store Sur La Table before heading to Aglamesis Bros. for a brownie sundae (pronounced just as it looks- Ag-Luh-Me-Sis).

Let's get some shoes, betch (and I did!)


We headed home Saturday morning, and I slept most the way, trying to get enough rest to combat the awful fire that is now coursing through my left arm. When we got home, we hit Hy-Vee for some groceries and encountered this amazing pair of rainbows. It was awesome.



And last but not least, a promo shot from Kimberly Akimbo.



Now, off to the theatre, and then, to bed.

No comments: