Sunday, June 08, 2008

Week in Review

I am nuts. How in the world did I think I could direct 2 shows in 8 weeks? I'm a crazy person. I've made the decision to ask for director/play submissions for next summer because there is no way I can direct all the shows again. While, yes, I am overjoyed with doing it all, I am exhausted. Beyond any kind of exhaustion I have ever experienced. The past few weeks, it's been the close of Elegies, rehearsing for Kimberly, teaching lessons, going out with friends (or having them over until all hours), and of course, the producing aspect of Kimberly, which was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Today is the first day since probably April that I have no obligations until rehearsal at 7pm. After rehearsal last night, I came home and cleaned the house because, really, it was disgusting -when have I had the time to do it?- did the dishes, then just sat. I'm re-reading the Harry Potter series and am on book 6 (Half-Blood Prince). Watched an episode of Supernatural I ituned (is that a verb? It is now), took a Benedryl and went to sleep. I needed it. Today, I'm planning on doing nothing. Maybe watch another ep. of SPN, because a girl can never have too much Jensen, and read my HP book 6.

Kimberly has been the biggest thing going on in my life, of course, but the week was eventful none-the-less. Friday night, D ,Bryan, Aaron, Jill, Rob and I headed over to the Greek Cultural Festival at the baseball stadium. It was a beautiful night, and we wanted a gyro. We gorged ourselves on a ton of Greek food (Baklava. Yum.) then headed back to our house, when Jake arrived to play after Comedy Sports. At nearly 11, I promptly told them I was about to pass out from exhaustion, and off they went. Yesterday was my academy Spring Recital. 10 of my students performed, and they all did just beautifully. It was a lovely little program.

In other news, P-dub finished boot camp in San Antonio, and is now in Monterey, CA learning Arabic. The picture on his facebook profile is a little scary. The adorable, baby-faced youngin' with curly hair is gone, and has been replaced by a chisled, skinny, buzz-cut military man. The only thing that remains constant are his eyes. Am unsure how I feel about his new look. I've always told him he looks good with a little more meat. But for his current post, I'm sure this look works better.

Thursday, Rob and I head to Nati for a few days for Rob's doctoral hooding ceremony. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! It's been since November that I've been, August for Rob. The plan? First, eat at Pompilio's for the best Italian food ever created. Head to Below Zero for a little get-together with our Nati friends. Am excited to see Michael Shawn, Matt and Jason, Mark, my Chuck, and my little siamese twin from Side Show, Kera. Not so little anymore though, as she just graduated from NYU with a degree in MT. It's been 3 years since we've seen each other, and I can't wait to see how she has grown (figuratively, not literally, as she was always the same height as me- we did play conjoined twins, you know). Other than that, we will be at CCM much of the trip for Rob's graduation stuff. He already has the diploma, but he wanted to walk in the ceremony and get his hood and stuff. Should be fun! I promise to take many pics to post for our return.

And I leave you with the cast photo from Elegies. Esther's husband Scott took this. So awesome!

No comments: