Saturday, April 15, 2006

Weekly Update

It's really been such a lovely week. The weather has cooperated here in Cincinnati for quite some time. We had a wicked storm last night, but most of the week it's been near 75 and sunny every day! Hard to complain when all the sunshine puts you in such a great mood.

Chess- Exciting news all around. We finished staging the show, and are now down to the nitty-gritty. Focus is the key word for the next three weeks. We open in 20 days! Wonderful! It's been great fun getting to know everyone and creating relationships that I know will continue on after production. As you can see from the previous post, we had a great time at Mary's on Thursday. Hoping to repeat it this coming Thursday, as long as I don't turn into a pumpkin at midnight! The best news I've gotten regarding the show is that many of the important people in my life will be attending. One of my closest, oldest friends Lesley will be there. My mom and stepfather are coming out, and I just heard from my father last night. He and my stepmother will be making the trek from Texas to see me perform! Sadly, I haven't seen either of them since my wedding, 2 1/2 years ago. This will be great to show them Cincinnati, and for them to see me perform. My Dad hasn't seen me perform in 11 years, and my stepmother has never seen me perform ever! Here is a pic of my Dad and I, college graduation, 1999. Don't I look just like him- despite the mustache?


Health/Exercise/Food- I'm feeling so much better since my last day at Kids R Kids. I awoke last weekend with a sore throat, but downed some Emer-gen-C (1000 mg of Vitamin C) and it was gone within the hour. I've been eating so good and doing my pilates every day. I do the cardio pilates every other day, and the 30 min. sculpting pilates on the other days. It's really beginning to pay off! My waist is getting teeny-tiny, and I'm losing inches every day. Yippie! Although last night Rob and I went to The Cheesecake Factory. Call me crazy, but why on Earth do people need portions that huge? I ordered this chicken dish, and when it came out, there were 3, count them, 3 chicken breasts on the plate. Seriously, who sits down and eats 3 chicken breasts in one meal? I ate one of them. Of course we saved room for the cheesecake. In all honesty, I wasn't impressed with a single thing about this restaurant. It looked like something you might see in Vegas. Overly tacky design and decoration, mediocre food. The service was excellent, and we had a nice waitress who explained the menu and drink choices to perfection. But this place struck me as the place that lower class people go when they want to splurge. I know how this must make me sound- overly judgemental about other people's quality of life, but this is what I left with. I must be getting older. I noticed it when we went to Sonoma Valley two years ago. If I'm not left with an experience when I dine out, then I won't think of it as decent. The temperature of the restaurant has to leave me comfortable, because I am always cold. The service, impeccable. The food, amazing. And I can't leave too full, because the rest of the night, I'll have gut bomb and be uncomfortable when I try to sleep. Maybe this makes me high maintenance. If so, those of you who ever dine out with me, I'm so very sorry.

Martin Sexton- For those of you who have never heard the genius of singer/songwriter Martin Sexton, click the link at right to access his website and hear his music. He's the most brilliant songwriter of our time, and I've had the privelege of seeing him live some six years ago at an art gallery in Cedar Rapids. Seeing him live is an experience like no other. After a long overdue hiatus, Rob and I are seeing him live in Lexington on April 25th. I'm so freakin' excited I can hardly stand it. He's playing The Dame, downtown Lexington. Being part of his fan community on his website, we were able to secure tickets before they went on sale to the general public. Yay for us! Here is a pic of him performing live during his 2004 tour.


Being atheists, Rob and I normally don't celebrate Easter. We'll still spend the day together since neither one of us have any sort of rehearsal to attend to. We're baking a ham and other such goodies for dinner. Happy feasting to the rest of you!

No comments: