Saturday, April 22, 2006

Weekly Update

Chess- We open in 13 days, and I'm so thrilled! This has been an amazing experience all around. I've made so many wonderful friends and connections, and it's been a stretch for me as an actor. Both sets of parents have a hotel and tickets secured. Let's just hope they don't cross paths. Last night was a good night- albeit I was severely dehydrated from the night before. We focused on the book scenes and really found some good mojo. After, Michael, Brian and I headed to Max and Erma's for some chow and good conversation. I was hoping to make it an early night. Right. We closed the place down. The poor waitress at the bar had turned off the music, turned up the lights, and had the entire place clean by the time we left. I'm getting too old to be out until 1:30am two nights in a row. But it was devilish fun.

Maddy- The poor thing. My dog has allergies. I know. How high maintenence is this beast? So she gets dry skin, which in turn leads to hot spots. For those of you who don't know what those are, it's a dry skin patch that dogs continue to lick at until it's raw and oozing. Yah. Pretty gross. So I took the poor babe in to see Gramma P (her stylist) for a much deserved day at the puppy spa. Every summer, Maddy gets her hair cut very short. She's a huge golden retriever with mounds of hair. So I told Gramma to cut it short. When we picked her up, she looked like this.

They butchered my dog! I told you to cut her hair short, not shave her! She looks like one of those hairless cats. I'm afraid to take her out for her walks now because she's so damned ugly. Of course they left her with this poofy tail thing. Seriously, she looks like a freak. Although she seems quite happy now, so who I am to judge based on looks only?

Pilates- I've lost two inches in my waist and thigh, one inch in my hip and belly, and gaining arms like crazy! This program is amazing. I have a flat stomach, something I probably haven't had since high school and feel great. I recommend pilates for everyone who have tried the gym with no success because it works! It's nice to think that I have a slew of pants that don't fit anymore. My favorite jean jacket is also huge on me. No complaints!

Catharsis- Have been feeling very alive the past few days. I've been feeling good about myself. I think it's helps that I've made some new friends in the cast who seem to understand me. It's nice to be able to just say things and not feel that you're being judged or criticized. Or disrespected. Not that I feel that way most days! It's just nice to have grown-up conversation with people. My new mantra is NO SMALL TALK. It seems to be working pretty well.

Martin Sexton concert in only 3 days. Pics to come!
Enjoy your spring weather- I know I am!

No comments: