Saturday, April 29, 2006

Weekly Update

Wow. What a week. Lots of changes, decisions being made. Ask me in person to tell you- I'm not about to put personal shit like that on my blog.

I taught my last lesson today for the next 10 days! Yahoo! I'm off until May 8 to prepare for the show. I'm going to take it easy the next week. Do my pilates. Eat well. Drink a lot of water and take naps. This show emotionally and physically wrecks me by the end of Act II. Tuesday I visit the spa. So terrible being me. Wednesday I get to visit Nurse Berendts- he's going to hook me up to all kinds of machines and look at my lungs and all kinds of stuff to see what's really going on with my asthma. Fun!

Chess- We open in just 6 days. I think we're all very ready to move into the space. Last night we had a real scare. While working in the warehouse/running the show, a few cast members were moving the giant set piece. In doing so, it caught on a fluorescent light and the damn thing came crashing down on Matt's head. It scared the bejesus out of all of us, especially him. Thankfully, he was okay. Brian cleaned him off, and Rosie took him to the ER. He has a mild concussion, and is putting himself under house arrest for a few days to recover. We love you, Matt! Get well!

Otherwise, we're ready to be in the theatre. I don't know about the other actors, but being in the space helps to focus so much more. I'm quite excited for this coming Thursday, as my Dad and stepmother Cathy will be arriving from Texas. After living in Cincinnati for four years, it's their first visit, and the first time I've seen them in 2 1/2 years.

Pilates- I feel so healthy, strong, fit. I've lost a total of about 14 inches so far. It feels good to be in a place where I don't hate my body. I've been eating well, limiting my alcohol/calorie intake, and attempting to sleep. It isn't working too well. Maybe it's jitters from the show. Or maybe it's all the changes going on in my life. Either way, I need to get some rest!

Connecting- Tonight I get to spend some time with my friends from Showbiz Players. Last October we did the Sondheim show Putting it Together, and tonight is the DVD viewing/cast party. It's been a long while since we've spent time together. Plus I'm quite excited to see my friend Gerry Rape, one of my favorite people in my life.

Maddy- Hair is growing out. Doesn't look so weird anymore. And she's still quite happy being sudo-bald.

All for now. I'll try to post as often as I can this week, but remember they don't call it Hell Week in the theatre for nothing.

No comments: