Friday, June 16, 2006

Karaoke Queen

That's right, folks. Last night, I won the Budweiser/92.5 The Fox Karaoke Contest at Universal Grille (formerly known as Hamburger Mary's). I had some stiff competition- many good singers...and many not so good singers. But out of 11 of us or so, I was crowned champion of the evening. What did I sing, you ask? What the hell do you think?! Pat Benetar Heartbreaker, of course.

So what happens now? I go on to compete against other winners from around the city on Tuesday, June 27, 7pm at RBC's, 1142 Main Street, Downtown Nati. For those of you in the area, please come down to see me compete! The more people I have there to scream and applaud, the better my chances of winning! If I advance, the finals will be Friday, June 30 at Great American Ballpark. The winner will receive $925 and will sing the National Anthem at a Reds Game! Fabulous!

Now, what to sing....

4 comments:

Jason said...

You go girl!!!
That's awesome. Keep us posted, and maybe have a few pics taken of the next contest. Would love that. You know how us guys need a visual ;)

Take care baby!

Matt said...

No surprise there! You rock!

I will be there on the 27th!

ACE said...

I'll be sure to bring my camera on the 27th- I know you guys need visuals!!

yay that Matt can come!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course you won! You kick so much ass!!! I'll do what I can to make it on the 27th. . .never heard of that place, but downtown is only so big and I'll find it eventually - lol. Do you ever sing Alone by Heart? Its a killer song with great highs and lows and EVERYBODY knows it. One of my favorite contest songs when I'm in good voice. Miss you!