Thursday, June 22, 2006

Random shit

Why is Spinal Tap so cool? How cool are Harry Shearer, Christopher Guest and Michael McKean that they are both comic genius and guitar-rocking gods? Can someone please explain this to me?

I've been practicing my song for the Karaoke Karavan contest next Tuesday-again, if I haven't told you, come see me. It's this coming Tuesday the 27th, 7pm at RBC's, 1142 Main downtown Nati. It's going to be awesome. I'm not going to tell you what I'm performing. Leaving it a surprise for those who venture out to see the big show.

Gave Maddy a bath today. By myself! I never do that- it's usually a two-person job since she's nearly 90 pounds. But it was a success. Now I have a gorgeous girl who most likely smells better (I wouldn't know, you know, no sense of smell and all).

I've been working like a mad-woman at the Children's Place. We've lost a few girls from the team, so I'm working close to 25 hours a week there. It's really fine- I like cash, so it's cool. Plus it's a fun job with super-fun girls, so I won't complain. My manager Maya asked me today if I'd be interested in part-time Assistant Manager. What? Come again? Yes, she did. So we'll see about that! I'd be working the same hours, but with more responsibility and better money. Very cool.

It's raining here in the Nati. Which is okay. We've had some very HOT, sunny weather the past few days, so we probably need the rain and the cool-down.

So back in college, I got this book called "If". It's a book filled with questions, all beginning with "If...?" I've decided to add this segment to the blog. I'd love to read your responses.

If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - thats a tough question. SO many good choices. . .it is just lunch. My first thought was the simplest - my darling princess pony Charlie. . . .but if I were to be more exotic about it, I'm thinking lunch with John Wilkes Booth would be enlightening. Does that make me odd? LOL.
Babs

ACE said...

Babs, you're beautifully odd before your response!

My pick? Tori Amos. Or my Dad.

Jason said...

Good post.
Well other than picking YOU to have lunch with, I would have to choose Mr. Abraham Lincoln. I'm starting to read a lot about his life and he's quite an interesting young chap.

Speaking of Tori Amos- love her music, and also is it me or do you strike a similar resemblence to the red headed beauty??

ACE said...

J-
Marry me? Although her red is from a bottle, she is quite lovely. Now, if only I could play the piano as well as her...