Tuesday, June 13, 2006

These were the doubts I had....

I doubted I was good enough.
Smart enough.
Pretty enough.
For him.
He made me feel them, with never a response.

I doubted my talent.
I doubted my own intelligence

I doubted he would stay.
I doubted his love for me.

I doubt I will ever really know my Dad.

I doubt Maddy will ever give up eating Kleenex, napkins, toilet paper.

I often doubt the magnificence of small things to make me happy.

I doubt I'll ever know if he felt the same things for me that I did for him.

I doubted myself when he beckoned for me to join him outside.

I doubt I'll ever know what it feels like to be something I'm not. This terrifies me.

I doubted D...for good reason.

I doubt that I'll ever feel the things I tend to push away, deep in my being, that I secretly desire.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Thanks for sharing that Allie!
We all have our doubts at times and I guess life gives a chance to try and work and prove some of those wrong. One thing I don't doubt is that you're a beautiful person and will work through any challenges that are put in front of you. My gut feeling is never wrong ;)