Friday, November 24, 2006

Turkey 101


Yeah, go ahead and say it... I'm a culinary genius. I roasted my 5th turkey yesterday, and she was a beauty. Tender and delicious, this 9-pounder was the best turkey I've ever cooked. Thanksgiving went off without a hitch, complete with all the trimmings. Rob and I were pretty drunk by dinner time at 3pm. We finished around 4 and headed down to Walgreens for some Afrin, then over to Blockbuster where we walked around in our slippers while searching for the perfect title (we decided on Cars). We ended the evening watching our shows Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy and one of my most favorite movies Love Actually before hitting the sack, completely exhausted.

I will have to say that I think I'm a bit dumber after watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. What the %#*$?! The parade sucked this year. Bad performances, even worse camera-work, and I miss Katie Couric desperately. I make no apologizes for saying that Meredith Viera sucks the big fat one. And I realize that I'm a little out of the theatre loop out here on the West Coast, but when did they decide to make The Grinch into a musical? Don't even get me started on how dorky, and strangely both short and feminine, the Grinch appeared on TV. Theodore Geisel is rolling in his grave.

We've had a rarity of two days in a row of sunshine! Today Rob and I headed down to my new favorite store, Swanlund's Camera and Photo. For those of you who don't know, I have an ancient Pentax SLR camera, passed down from Mom from when my parents were still married (to each other). Being over 30 years old, this camera is well-made and still allows me (when my composition is right on) to take brilliant photos. I prefer to take black and white photos over color, and prefer it to my digital- you just can't get brilliant contrast unless you're using an SLR that isn't digital. Anyway, I took it into the guy as the it needed a few minor repairs. He took a look at it, fixed my light meter and repaired two other things I needed done in a flash and didn't even charge me for it! This is my new place for all things camera, as they sell the good B&W film (not that Kodak shit) for decent prices, and they do in-house B&W processing. I was thrilled. After, Rob and I headed down to Old Town for lunch, then over to Samoa Dunes, where I took out my newly repaired camera for a test spin. I think I'll have some pretty amazing shots out of this roll. We headed to the mall for a brief spin, then home. Tonight will be left-overs and watching Cars- quite relaxing.

And, in just a week, our new computer arrives! I can't wait!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, in case I missed you.

No comments: