Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Humboldt Ick



With my last day at Kidsclub last Thursday, I had planned plenty of great things to occupy my afternoons, such as taking photos, writing, applying for grad school. One of those on my list, however, was not contracting the flu, which I started showing symptoms of on Monday night.

Fever, chills, aches and pains, an ENORMOUS headache and a runny nose pretty much knocked me on my ass the past two days. I woke this morning, attempting to head to work after spending all day yesterday on the sofa, and nearly passed out in the shower. Needless to say, I went back to bed. When I awoke at noon, I still felt a bit tired, but was well enough to head to the doctors office for an already scheduled appointment I had made weeks ago for new asthma/allergy meds.

Am feeling pretty good, despite being tired and still a little stuffy accompanied with a runny nose. The thing that really pisses me off is that this is the 4th time I've been sick since AUGUST. What is wrong with this place that people get sick four times in 6 months? It's what the locals call The Humboldt Ick. I'm not sure exactly what that entails, but needless to say, I've had enough of Humboldt anything to last me a lifetime.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuck. I thought I had it bad with a bad cold that turned into bronchitis, but you've got it worse. Hope you feel better soon and can get back to all of the things you'd rather do with your time.