Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Hypothetical....

So let's say he gets the job at Augie... this is something I've been struggling with for a few weeks, now. Moving home after being away for five years... it's strange. Will people there be in the same place they were when I left them? Because I know I've grown tremendously since 2002. Has everyone else? And it's kind of scary, the thought of having a dream come true. Does anyone know what happens when a dream comes true? That isn't something you see in the movies. They get their wish and then the movie ends. What comes next? What happens in real life?

Part of me just wants all of this to be over. I just want to know where we'll be in six months. I don't know how many of you have ever had to do this, this waiting on fate. It's very stressful, and not easily lived-with. I'm so tired of waiting, wondering where my life will be in six months. I can't plan, I can't apply for schools, I can't do much of anything. And it really sucks.

On a lighter note, picked up my latest role today. Enjoy.

My gorgeous friend Chuck... purrrrrrr.


Look at that bigass smile?! Love m'girl.


Tide pools at Indian Beach, Trinidad, CA.


At Samoa Dunes, Eureka, CA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't help but respond to your post. I know the exact feeling you describe. I up and quit my job in October 2002, with plans to move to the Quad Cities. I had been interviewing and interviewing and figured something had to come along. Besides, my job was completely toxic and I just had to get out of there. The time between leaving my job and finding another one in a different city/state was difficult. The waiting was torture and I often asked myself if I had made a huge mistake. I did tons of soul-searching during that time. I felt like my life was in someone else's hands. Not easy.

I wish I could offer some advice - a way to keep yourself calm during this time. Just wanted to let you know that others have been through this (and have survived!). It's not easy, but it will pass.

Anonymous said...

I can see your frustration. Hang in there babe, I'm sure things will blossom for you soon. Great photos!!