Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sushi Celebration

Rob turned 32 today. We did celebrate on Saturday with the ever-delicious Sizzler, but Rob got a pretty sweet birthday present in the form of a phone call. Jon Hurty from Augustana College called this afternoon and asked Rob for a telephone interview. The big day is this coming Thursday, 8am California time. Please be sending him good vibes!

In honor of Rob's big day, we decided to head to our favorite sushi place in town, Restaurant Hana. With both fine service and excellent nigiri and futo-maki, we enjoyed our mini-feast.


The feast


Enjoying my smoked salmon roll

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Robs job interviews are going well.
Hope you're doing well also Al.

Unagi.....Awwww...Salmon Skin Roll ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment - I wasn't sure if I could reply to your message, so I decided to leave a comment for you.

Wow, what a small world! I actually moved to the Quad Cities about 4 years ago from suburban Chicago. My husband was born and raised in Moline - that's how I got here.

It is amazing how today's technology can connect you with people with similar interests and passions. My desire to write is like my desire to exercise - I really want to do it, but make excuses all the time. It never gets done.

My father gave me a couple of books, which I'm sure you already have, but just in case here they are: "The Sound of Paper: Starting from Scratch" by Julia Cameron and "Bird By Bird" by Anne Lamott.

My new year's resolution (the only one I made) was to take more time to write and to try not to let the fear and anxiety take over. It's not easy, but I'll try.

Take care,
Tracy