Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Year in Review

Well, it's finally here. The year I turn 30. While the big event won't happen for another 10 months or so, I've been feeling quite contemplative, and wanted to expound a bit about how I felt about 2006.

Things I accomplished/good things about 2006
~ Starred in one of my favorite musicals of all-time in the most amazing of vocal roles, Florence Vassy in Chess
~ Made many new friends who I love deeply; Chuck, Charlie, B, Jason, Matt, Sarah E, Kels
~ Came to terms with who/what I am; going to back to therapy and making that choice for myself was one of the most thrilling and eye-opening experiences of my adult life. I wasn't afraid to find out the really awful shit about myself, and that, my friends, takes guts
~ Finally realized what I want to do with my life; getting my MFA in Directing
~ Deeply cultivating some of my great passions; photography, writing, knowing my husband on a deeper level
~ Being ready to have a baby; after my therapy sessions, I became more comfortable with myself and open to emotional experiences I hadn't been ready for before
~ Stepping outside of my comfort zone and moving to the ends of the Earth (Eureka, California) so Rob could have his first real college teaching job

Goals for 2007
~ Get into an MFA program
~ Get out of Eureka, CA
~ Continue my work as a photographer/writer and eventually publish
~ Save $$ to eventually buy a house
~ Take a vacation; it's been close to 5 years since we've had a REAL one
~ Get back on stage
~ Keep researching and working towards my ultimate dream- my own theatre company
~ Keep in contact with people I love
~ Continue pilates/healthy eating, and take a yoga class; the past few months I've yo-yo'ed in my weight- this year I'm taking off those last 10 pounds and keeping them off
~ Quit Kidsclub (which I'm doing next week)
~ Take care of myself physically, mentally and emotionally

I think those are reasonable goals to attain, don't you?

Cheers.

(New Years Eve, 2006, Hurricane Kates)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you realize how beautiful a person you are! You really have made a lot of accomplishments this past year. If I can make half of those this year, I'll be doing good. I can't wait till our paths cross again Al!
You rock!!

Matt V. said...

~Toast~ to a new year!