Saturday, January 13, 2007

Week in Review

Well, as most of you know, I gave my notice at Kidsclub on Monday. This coming Thursday will be my last day. While I will miss Kristin and the children, I'm quite happy to have my life back.

And some of you may also know that Rob had a phone interview with UW-Green Bay on Monday. On Tuesday morning, they called back and asked him to come for an on-campus interview. He is one of three candidates up for the position. Green Bay would be ideal, as it's about 5 hours from home, and within a few hours of both Milwaukee and Madison as well as beautiful Door County. Plus, it's an actual city! With real restaurants! And a Home Depot! Also, it's rated #1 in cities to open/start a business. Hopefully, that would bode well for me trying to get my own theatre company off the ground. And, the best part, there is actual change of seasons. The changing of leaves... snow... and summertime fun. Sounds good to me.

Tuesday is Rob's 32nd birthday. Tonight I am taking him out to eat... to the Sizzler. Yes, ladies and gents, I am a real big spender. However, every spare dime we have right now is being put toward paying off our debt. We decided to be more fiscally responsible this year, seeing as we'd like to buy a house soon... and have a baby. Being adults with our money is a good step.

My previous photo project was for Christmas. I picked up every used frame I could find at local thrift stores, refinished and painted them with black glossy paint. I then matted them with both white or black beveled mats, and framed my own b&w photos for family and loved ones. My next project is taking close-up shots of food for our kitchen (that we have someday). I took this stellar close-up of a crab on Fishermans Wharf during our visit to the City.

When the farmer's market gets going again in April, I'm going to have a field day! Plus, while we were visiting my Dad in Texas, he gave me his old Pentax SLR, complete with flash, camera bag and a sweet tele-photo lens. I now have two Pentax cameras to shoot with- I'm so jazzed! The new camera is now at Swanlunds, getting cleaned and looked over by the tech. professionals. I can't wait to get it back!

Here are some recent photos I took over the holiday. I picked up my roll of black and whites, and scanned them for your viewing pleasure.

Kal and Wade's beautiful girl, Alexa.


The amazing Marin Headlands, San Francisco


Rob and the stunning Golden Gate

No comments: