Monday, January 22, 2007

Week in Review

After having a few days off together, Rob had to go back to work. He was quite bored with sitting at home and was happy to return even though he'd rather be returning at a school that appreciates him.

We both had MLK day off- when you work in the school system, you get all the choice days- and spent some time up at Indian Beach and Trinidad Bay. If you have seen the movie The Majestic with Jim Carrey, Indian Beach is where he wakes up after having nearly drown when his car plummets off a bridge. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we had a lovely stroll while I took some shots with my SLR.

Indian Beach

Thursday was Rob's phone interview with Augustana. He said he "hit a home-run" and felt confident with the discussion he had with the committee. If they were impressed with him, the next step is an on-campus interview. We are still keeping our fingers crossed.
Thursday was also my last day at Kidsclub. It was a bittersweet time, seeing all the kids and Kristin. I treated the kids to Improv Games (one of their favorite activities) and spent some quality time with the kids I knew I'd really miss. I know I will miss them all terribly, but I also have to take care of myself. I promised to visit, which I'm sure I will, as I won't be able to stay away for too long. Here are some shots from the last day.

Hailie and me making funny faces


My kids...

The weekend was a bit lazy, hanging around the house and watching TV. Yet another reason to get out of this place... I'm so exhausted with watching TV- there is nothing else to do here!

No comments: