Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I don't mean to bitch, but...

I'm exhausted.

I haven't slept through the night since last Thursday. Friday night was drinking with the Prenzies after the show, then up early. Saturday night? Drinking (and smoking cigars - why must I do this to myself?) with the Prenzies again, then up early Sunday, too. Plus auditions = exhausting. Then....

I have a sick husband at home battling the flu, which makes it nearly impossible to sleep because he either A. snores from having a stuffy nose or B. is coughing all damned night. Last night I fell asleep on top of the covers in my jammies snuggling with Ike. Woke up a little later and crawled into the bed. Awoke sometime before dawn to Rob hacking up a lung.

I just need to sleep. That's all.

It also doesn't help that teaching this MT Spring Break class over at New Ground A. eats into my morning gym routine (am total bitch when not getting my time on the elliptical machine in the AM) and B. having to teach kids for 2 hours straight. 1 hour works great, but 2? After a while, both they and I would rather be somewhere else. They would probably like to be running around outside or playing video games and watching tv. I'd like to be on a private beach in St. Barts, sipping a drink with an umbrella in it and getting a massage from Sven. Tomato, toe-mah-toe.

Tonight I'm settling for a vanilla steamer and some warm toast with cinnamon sugar and butter. May not be as sweet as Sven, but hopefully it does the trick.

No comments: