Thursday, September 14, 2006

Feminine Divine

I had a dream, a few nights ago. In the dream, I was in dark room, where I was wrapped inside a spider web. I saw the spider, multi-colored and small, crawling away from me. I tried my hardest to brush the spider aside, but I was caught in it's strong web, unable to move much outside of an inch or two. It eventually crawled away, and I was able to break out of the web. In the dream, I was also taking care of a puppy, sweet and furry. It looked much like a chow chow, with warm brown eyes. What followed was strange... I was sitting with a snake, feeding the snake a raw piece of tuna (not from the can) on a fork. The snake was not threatening, and I never once felt that she would bite me. Although she was tentative to take a bite, once she felt trusting enough, she eventually devoured the food in front of her. I woke, at 6am, and at once knew each and every symbol in the dream.

In dreams, spiders often tend to signify creativity, dogs often mean strength; fur means warmth and happiness. Food, in this case a raw tuna steak, means prosperity, plenty and abundance.

The most interesting of the symbols was the snake. Many of you may know that snakes are ancient symbols for transmutation. It often signifies the dreamer will go through a a vast, inner change that will be reflected in her outer life. Even more amazing, the snake is an even more ancient symbol for the Great Goddess. If the dreamer is female, she will soon come into realization of her power as a woman.

Putting all these together, I could deduce that my creativity, which is emerging from it's cocoon (or web in this instance) is grounded in strength. In fact, there is an abundance of it. The fact that I dreamt of feeding a snake is simple- my creative activity (which I have noticed as of late, seems to be bursting out of me- I can't write fast enough as the thoughts come forth) is feeding my inner female, or as Sue Monk Kidd says, Herself. That because I am finally able to access thoughts, passions, raw emotion in my writing, I will become who I am meant to be.

This realization shook me to my knees.

I couldn't imagine this before. As I've said, I've always believed in the power of dreams. Considering the path I've been on the past few weeks of communicating fearlessly to myself about who I really am, what I am made of, and the things I need to remedy, this was a powerful experience.

Honestly, I feel as if for the first time in my life, I understand myself. That, yes, things happen because they are meant to. I came to California to finally come to terms with the person I am. I am definately just scratching the surface. But I am not afraid of that. I understand that I can't fix the past. That I cannot go back and spend that night with him that I meant to six years ago. But I can forgive myself for not knowing any better because I was young and naive, full of fear like I had never felt in my life.

I am content.
I am happy.
I am full.
I have found my own Divine Feminine.

She is alive and well.

No comments: