Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Writings as of late...

I've still been writing... for real writing. Here are some recent adventures from my pen....

Untitled

Green is the color I remember.
Shades of Earth, neon,
breathing out in long strands of life.
I remember his eyes.
His same beauty from childhood,
and the way his eyes would always find mine.
He wore green, dark.
Like trees off the foggy coast.
His eyes were dark chocolate.
His smile was endless.
And the way he gestured,
as if he'd been waiting for me for ages.
To know him.
To feel him.
To understand some great mystery
we'd both tried, secretly,
to uncover so many years before.


Nightfall

The night fell,
in shades of periwinkle,
deep and warm.
Until there was nothing left but
finite luminesence.
Dark violet and blues against a
backdrop of gleaming rose.
A blanket of stars appears,
a new moon in the dark sky.
All I hear is music,
feel the wet dew against my bare feet,
and I am aware of his breath.
He will say nothing.
He doesn't have to.
I will wait. Continuing on,
minutes or years, as I have before.
In hope that I will spend just
one more nightfall alone,
just us,
as the shadows grow long once again.

No comments: