Thursday, September 07, 2006

Three years

I can't believe I've been married for three years. Already! There are moments where I can see how the time has passed. Others, not so much. Our anniversary was yesterday. While we didn't celebrate with going out, Rob carmelized some tuna steaks and we split a bottle of cab. The cool thing about grocery stores here is that, because we're so close to wine country, the wine selection is just ginormous. We will be going out Friday night to a little italian place called Gabriel's. Looks fun.

While checking my email after dinner, I had received an email from my best pal Lesley. She sent it out to a few of us girls, informing us that her mother's husband died yesterday morning! The ER docs weren't quite sure what the cause was yet, but Les and her sister (both in the medical profession) seem to believe due to his alcoholism, he might have passed from a heart problem mixed with alcohol withdrawl (he tried to stop drinking this past weekend). He was only 42. I gave her a call and we talked for a long while, reminiscing about the year we lived together and how her stupid dog used to eat my underwear. We laughed and were silly, and I hope I gave her what she needed- some time to not worry about her mom. I love you Les! Hang in there.

Am still loving the job. How could I not? I lead an art activity the other day, where I had the kids "paint music". We listened to particular genres and the kids painted what they heard. There were some great looking paintings, and the kids had a blast.

Despite feeling oogy and very hormonal today (you can put two and two together), have decided not to sit on the couch all day, even though my body says otherwise. Maddy has discovered something dreadfully out of reach, looking out one of the seven windows in the living room. Each time she sees it (whatever it is) she begins jumping up and down and barking like a crazy dog. Of course in an apartment filled with hardwood floors, her barks are deafening.

Saturday I begin my classes! I'm quite excited, as my two Music Explorers classes are full, and my voice class has 5 girls. I have a lunch break, then have three students back to back! I can't wait to start teaching again.

We had a nice 3-day weekend, not doing much except cleaning the house and going to the mall. The North Coast has been dreadfully cloudy since Saturday, so spending time outside is quite chilly. The funny thing here is that it doesn't really rain, it just drizzles. Combine that with the fog and NOBODY wants to go outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks girl! It really did help to talk to you last night and remember old times. We were such dorks... who am I kidding, we still are. Ok, I AM. Thanks for the laughs, love you, Les