Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weekly Update

I apologize for not posting the update when it was supposed to go up... the weekend. However, last Friday we lost our dial tone- this meant no phone service and no internet. We didn't get it back until last night. It really sucked. But we're back online now, and all is well.

We have had a beautiful week on the North Coast, sunny and high 60's for the past five days. I won't bitch, that's for sure. Apparently, starting in November, it's going to rain practically straight through the winter and early spring... for five straight months. Sounds a bit depressing, don't you think?

The Season premiere of Grey's was fabulous. Although we won't find out who she picks for a while, I'm sure. We can't get all the goods at the beginning- the show can't jump the shark just yet... it's too damned good.

Anyway, it's been a nice couple of days. Saturday Rob and I were done teaching early, so we headed down to the Farmer's Market for our fresh produce. It was beautiful, per usual, the plaza filled with people dancing and eating and making merriment. We came home, changed, picked up the dog and headed to the beach. After Maddy was throughly tired, we came home, changed again, and headed to the Lost Coast Brewery for a bite. It was exactly what we needed- pub grub. Lots of fried shit and beer. It was great!

Sunday was another gorgeous day, and we took Maddy down to the annual Woofstock festival, a fundraiser for the Sequoia Humane Society. It was a blast- so many dogs and their owners. Maddy sniffed a lot of butts and got love from many passerby. There were contests for biggest, smallest, biggest woof, best costume, owner look-a-like. The three of us had a great time. Rob and I brought Maddy home, got some sandwiches, and headed for the beach... again. It really sucks to be me, I know. The dunes were filled with people going for a run, flying kites, making sandcastles. We had a nice picnic, then laid in the sun for about an hour. The cutest thing was this little girl, buck naked, running around the beach with her older (fully-clothed) brothers. She was so free and happy, being her divine, feminine, creative self.

We're all feeling good, on the WW plan again. Moving here, spending that many days in a car eating fast food and not taking care of myself really did a number on both my spirit and my body. I've been yo-yo-ing ever since with my weight, feeling yucky. I've been good the last two weeks, doing my cardio and sticking to the plan, and I'm taking off that extra bulk/water I've so needed to shed. The size 10's are back on! Despite feeling good with my allergies/asthma, we have something else to contend with here. Yes, there isn't any smog, but we do have forest fires inland. The smoke drifts out here to the coast, and makes everyone feel disgusting. I'm doing okay, but Rob is feeling the effects badly.
Maddy is feeling fine- we had a bit of a scare last week as she woke us at 6am, frantically ringing her bell and whining at the side of the bed. Turns out the poor thing had a UTI, blood in her urine every time she went pee. I was a wreck, calling the vet at 7am (of course no one is open until 8). We went to the vet, paid a hundred bucks, and they told us to "keep an eye on her". Of course, she was fine, and kicked it on her own within a day. Although the next day she puked on the bed (that was fun) and had diarrhea for the next. She's fine now, we're making sure she doesn't eat anything weird outside.

Still lovin' Kidsclub! Friday night is the school carnival- haven't been to one since the 6th grade, so Rob and I will be in attendance for the cake walk, dunk tank and all the other fun stuff grade schoolers do for that sort of event. My teaching at HSU is going well- having a great time with my classes and students. I also sent in my application to a talent agency here in town, and got a call last night to be in an independant movie they are filming here. The movie stars the actress Fairuza Balk from movies The Craft and Almost Famous. I was asked to be in a scene in a jazz club as "background"- my first movie credit!! Unfortunately, they are filming Saturday, and with my commitment to teaching at HSU, I won't be able to do it. However, the casting agent said she would keep me in mind for other scenes in case my schedule allows it. Cool!

Sunday night, Rob and I begin an 8-week long Tango class. I CANNOT WAIT. This is going to be a blast. I'm not a fantastic dancer, but I'm okay. I'm much more light on my feet than my husband. But we are excited to do something fun like this together.

And sorry for the lack of pictures as of late. My fossil-aged computer won't let me post for some reason. When we get the new one, expect pictures out the yang.

No comments: