Saturday, October 14, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

I'm 29 today!

You say it's your birthday!
(Na na na na na na na na)
It's my birthday too, yah.
(Na na na na na na na)
Say it's your birthday!
(Na na na na na na)
Happy Birthday to ya.

Was never much of a Beatles fan, but that song does pretty much rock.

It's been a great birthday so far- the birthday fairy left me a keychain that has quotes from the movie Sixteen Candles- can you really beat Long Duk Dong saying "ohhhhh sexy girlfriend!"? I didn't think so. I'm told by my husband to be ready to go at 6pm for a night on the town and surprises. I can't wait! With more presents to come!

Although I did have to sit through the most god-awful concert last night. The Humboldt Symphony Orchestra played the Mozart symphony no. 31 in D Major. I like Mozart. Always have. Not when it sounds like a 7th grade orchestra though. And, get this, the other piano faculty played Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue with them (the jazz band/wind symphony version is way cooler). Sweet Jesus, it was smokin' bad. This is one of thee sexiest pieces of music ever composed by one of thee most influential and brilliant musicians of the 20th century. Seriously? My dog's ass sounds better. It was really awful. Everyone was saying after "Wasn't it amazing?" and I just had to walk away. I guess that is what four years of listening to music at CCM will do to a person...spoil you!

More to come tomorrow after the bevy of birthday ends.

Thanks for the funniest card I've ever seen in my life, Les! love you too!

Continued....

Had a great birthday evening! Rob took me out to Hurricane Kate's, this very hip, California-style (duh) meal. We feasted on a lovely pinot noir, a mediterranean appetizer plate with tahini, hummus, pita, and olives. It was amazing. Next came Pork Saltimboca with Leek and garlic-infused mashed potatoes and organic farmer's market vegies. It was perfect. We walked down the street to Gabriel's where we had our anniversary meal. We finished the evening with chocolate cake and coffee. On the way home I received a phone call from my brother Jake and sister Abby wishing me Happy Birthday. It was such a pleasant surprise to talk to them!

To end the evening, Rob also got me three bars of real swiss dark chocolate, two pumpkins for carving, and a day at the spa! Not a bad haul for turning 29.

Leaving you with a pic from the bar at Kate's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you hurry up and join us old fogies in our thirties???? HAPPY B-DAY to my favorite redhead! Love ya...Mwah. Mwah. Mwah.

Jason said...

Yes, the thirties eagerly await your arrival!
Glad you had a great Birthday Al!
You so Pretty, Oh so Pretty..

nitenursekevin said...

Happy birthday DAH-LING!

You look FABULOSE!

ACE said...

Thank you boys! I love you all!