Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekly Update

Well, it was bound to happen, I guess. My first California cold. I kind of figured I would have gotten it last week, when Rob got it. Nope. It decided to creep it's ugly head today (Monday) of all days. I went to work and felt okay, however, a few hours later I was burning up and had the mother of all sore throats. So I'm doing my tried and true remedy of gargling with salt water- disgusting... who ever thought of this?- and E-mer-gen-C. Usually I can head off the gross stuff at the pass with this. Hopefully it will just go up into my head and nose, which I would much prefer over a sore throat and chest cold.

The weekend was quite boring, as Rob was on death's door. Thursday was the Kidsclub party. The kids had a blast- jammies and popcorn and Spongebob on the TV. It was a riot. Here is a pic of Kristin and I with the kids (yay for blogger! Posting the pics makes Ally happy)


Friday, Rob and I headed down to the DMV to get our licenses and register the car. Rob was able to do his, but due to the fact I didn't have the proper US indentification, I wasn't allowed to get mine. I had a hospital birth certificate, not a county birth certificate. I understand California has to be a little more strict what with all the immigration laws out here, but come on people! Would you mistake me for a threat to national security? Idiots. So mom is sending the passport- hopefully that will suffice. We stayed at home Friday night and watched a Kathy Bates movie- love her.
Saturday was teaching day, then out to another Arts Alive in Old Town. We only stayed out for a little while, due to Rob's nasty virus. Sunday was a lazy, doing the laundry and dropping my film off at the developer. Rob played a concert last night to commemorate the anniversary of Schumann's death. He was great, despite feeling so yucky. The others? Zzzzzzzzzz. I could do without.

Next Sunday, we are staring Lindy Hop/Swing lessons. We were going to start Tango last weekend, but Rob was ill, and last night we had to be at HSU for Rob's performance. It was a sign to us that Tango will have to wait- Lindy Hop won't!

And of course, I turn the big 29 on Saturday. Rob is planning on taking me to this hip little restaurant in Old Town called Hurricane Kate's. Reminds me a lot of Kona Bistro in Oakley. I hope the food is as good.

Ciao.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Yay, Picture, Yay!
Hope you get rid of that nasty cold!!
Have a Happy Birthday, Allison!!!

ACE said...

You're the sweetest!
Thank you baby.