Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Random tidbits...

Yet another TV show has taken over part of my existence... the season premiere of Lost is tonight. It's something I've been waiting for for months. Did Desmond live? Who is the woman we saw in the finale? What will happen to Michael and Walt? What do The Others want with Sawyer, Jack and Kate? And seriously, who are The Others? I'm hoping we find out this year.

I spent two hours online last night, securing tickets home for Christmas. Tickets from Arcata to Moline, IL were going to be $900 a piece! Yikes. So we decided to drive down to SF the day before, fly out of Oakland to O'Hare, and rent a car to drive home to the QC. It will be a lot of hassle, but we're saving about $1200 doing it this way. I'll take the driving down to SF, spending a day in the hippest city I've ever been to, then flying out the next morning. We'll be home for 9 days, which will be a much needed vacation with fam and friends. Hopefully we'll get a day or two to visit the Nati. Miss you guys!

Tomorrow is the first Kidsclub party of the year- I can't wait! We have a Reward Board up in class- when the kids are good (quiet during homework time, fast clean up during snack, and good sportsmanship during games) they earn points toward parties. Once our mascot, Spongebob Squarepants, reaches his pineapple, the kids are rewarded with a party! Tomorrow is pajama day. We will be in our jammies, eating popcorn and drinking hot cocoa- super fun!

Oh, and another random bit of information... for those of you who read the blog often, you'll be pleased to know I heard from him. The Artist. I sent him a letter about two weeks back, where it finally reached him in New Mexico, of all places. It was such a pleasant surprise to see his name in my inbox, along with a picture of him and his latest work.

Weather here has been so disgusting for the past few days. COLD COLD COLD. And rainy as well. I guess I'd better get used to it. Sun is supposed to come out in a few days. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.

Rob is still looking for jobs for the next academic year. We enjoy life here, but HSU isn't a long-term kind of place for someone as musically stellar as my husband. And Eureka isn't a long-term kind of place for someone as poor as us- two bedroom shacks (and I mean SHACKS) run about $200,000. Think of what that would buy in our hometown. Sad. Anyway, for my Nati friends, there is a piano job open at Georgetown U, near Lexington. Sooooo, there may be a slight chance of us moving back. We're still thinking about it. Who knows...?

2 comments:

Jason said...

A,
Glad things are working out for you! You deserve the best :)

Matt said...

Yay! Please look at the job in Georgetown! Glad things are going well for you!