Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mid-week update

Hello fans-

After the birthday orgy of gifts and too much food, I severely paid for it on Sunday afternoon. I laid on the couch most of the day, eating soup and feeling like I was going to die. Rob and I rented Sixteen Candles in honor of my birthday present and settled in for the entire day. It rained all day anyway, so it was appropriate.

All in all, I had a pretty good haul for the birthday. Other than Rob's gifts, I received close to $300 from relatives sending birthday cards. Mom sent me a gift card to Old Navy (yay!) and four bottles of Kraft Light Done Right! French salad dressing. For some reason, California restaurants and grocery stores have something against French dressing, and seeing as it's really the only one I like, Mom hooked me up. Thanks Mom!

As a side note, I was hired last week as the new Math tutor at South Bay School in Eureka. I'll be working mornings every day there, and I've been training the last few days. It's going to be so much fun- I can't wait to start! I'll even have my own office! It will be a great bonus to our already comfortable income- Rob and I want to buy a house, hopefully whenever and wherever the next place we move to. This will help us to save up that much needed down-payment we'll need.

Am looking forward to the holidays, when we'll get to see all our friends and family, including friends in Cincinnati! Yahoo!

No comments: